Thank you for visiting the Higher Education in Prison Research digital space. Support for this project and site is provided by Ithaka S+R, a service of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization with a mission to help the scholarly community take advantage of advances in technology, and by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to your use of higheredinprisonresearch.org, and any content, features or functionality made available from or through this website (“Website”). By using the Website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. ITHAKA reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. The most current version will always be posted at higheredinprisonresearch.org.
- Use of the Website. The Website, and all of the content on the Website, with the exception of the Responses (“ITHAKA Content”) are proprietary to ITHAKA. Use of ITHAKA Content is permitted with attribution for non-commercial purposes, under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International license, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/. You may hypertext link to the ITHAKA Content, so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by ITHAKA or any other affiliation with the Website. For further permission to use the Website or its content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitted Materials. ITHAKA invites the Higher Education in Prison (“HEP”) community at large to engage with, interrogate, and provide feedback on the proposals shared on the Website. This includes our framing of the issues, our description of HEP research, and our suggested strategies for collaborating around an HEP research infrastructure to promote equitable access and student success. We hope to hear your voice on these ideas. In the course of interacting with the Website, its discussion prompts and comment forms, you may submit content to ITHAKA (including your personal information, written responses, and survey information) (referred to as your “Responses”). You retain ownership of all of your intellectual property rights in your Responses and ITHAKA does not claim ownership over any of your Responses.
All submitted Responses will contribute to informing and shaping the next phases of ITHAKA’s HEP project, however not all Responses will be published. We will publish a variety of salient Responses that are targeted to HEP research and use respectful language. You grant ITHAKA a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free and fully transferable and sublicensable right and license to use, copy reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, publish create derivative works, make publicly available and incorporate in other works your Responses, for the limited purpose of running the Website and/or facilitating ITHAKA’s HEP research.
- Disclaimers. THE WEBSITE, ITHAKA CONTENT, AND ACCESS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND ITHAKA DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ORAL, OR WRITTEN) RELATING TO THE WEBSITE, ITHAKA CONTENT, ACCESS SOFTWARE, OR ANY PARTS THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, COMPATIBILITY, MERCHANTIBILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ITHAKA MAKES NO WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY HARM THAT MAY BE CAUSED BY THE TRANSMISSION OF A COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TIME BOMB, LOGIC BOMB, OR OTHER SUCH COMPUTER PROGRAM. ITHAKA FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS OR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS REGARDING THE ITHAKA CONTENT AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY AND MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS AND/OR THREATENED CLAIMS RELATING TO LINKS BETWEEN THE WEBSITE AND OTHER SITES AND/OR THE CONTENT ON SUCH LINKED SITES AND ANY AND ALL USES OF THE CONTENT.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions of Use will be interpreted and construed according to laws of the United States, excluding any such laws or conventions that might direct the application of the laws of another jurisdiction, and venue will lie exclusively in the federal and state courts of the United States, excluding any such laws to the contrary.
- DMCA Notifications. ITHAKA respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that content on the Website violates your copyright or otherwise violates your rights, please send a written notice to ITHAKA directed to the Office of the General Counsel, ITHAKA, 101 Greenwich St St., New York, NY 10006 or send an email to the address listed in the U.S. Copyright Office DMCA Designated Agent Directory. Please provide with your notice the following information, consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (b) identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed; (c) identification of the infringing material and information that will permit ITHAKA to locate the material; (d) information that will permit us to contact you, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement by you that, in your good faith belief, use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Upon such notification, or if ITHAKA learns of such a claim from another source, ITHAKA may remove such content pending the resolution of such claim.
Last updated on June 7, 2021